"A strong and respected voice for Air New Zealand Pilots"
These page introduces the Federation of Air New Zealand Pilots, an organisation with a respected record in representing the needs of Pilots and Flight Simulator Instructors employed by Air New Zealand and its subsidiary airlines.
Air New Zealand Pilots need a strong, professional and respected voice to speak on their behalf. As a specialised Air New Zealand union, the Federation is able to do this.
Our record of successfully negotiating employment conditions is positive evidence of our role on behalf of our members.
This level of excellence will be our continued policy. We will also continue to be an organization with a preference for practical negotiating policies ahead of confrontational tactics.
This page outlines the Federation's policies and work on behalf of members. Inquiries are most welcome.
FANZP represents pilots at Air New Zealand, Air Nelson, Eagle Air and Mt Cook plus the Flight Simulator Instructors at Air New Zealand.
The Federation has always had a non-adversarial attitude to the Industrial landscape. It sees an attitude of co-operation and joint solving of problems for a win/win situation as better serving its members than taking disagreements to the courts for a resolution. That being said, FANZP has successfully taken court action against Air New Zealand on one occasion and is fully prepared to do so again, should it become necessary.
The key aims of the Federation, are:
- To represent the interests and needs of Pilots and Flight Simulator Instructors employed by Air New Zealand and its subsidiary airlines.
- To ensure all members employment, seniority, job security, promotion prospects and opportunities, are protected.
- To negotiate with our employer with minimal confrontation and in a practical, mutually respectful manner.
- To ensure that a high level of technical competence and safety is maintained throughout the industry.
- To provide welfare benefits for members and their dependants